Regular Service Times
8am Sunday - Said Eucharist
- Traditional language according to the Book of Common Prayer (BCP), with sermon - no music, usually about 40 minutes.
10am Sunday - Choral Eucharist
- Modern rite according to A Prayer Book for Australia - choir and hymns, usually about 70 minutes (incense is used on Feast Days, and the choir is on leave in January & July).
10am - Sunday School
- Sunday School each Sunday except in January - the children begin in church, leave before the sermon, and return in time for Communion.
Easter and Christmas Kids' Church
- On Good Friday at 12noon and Christmas Eve at 4pm, there are celebrations of
Kids' Church, where all are welcome to join in the focus on children's worship, usually about 40 minutes.
6pm Sunday - Service of Light with Eucharist
- A small and quiet, meditative service - slightly more informal, with contemporary language - usually about 30 minutes. (No 6pm Service during January and July.)
6pm - Choral Evensong (Third Sundays)
- Traditional Choral Evensong (according to the Book of Common Prayer) is sung on the third Sunday of the month (except January and July) usually about 60 minutes.
6pm Sunday - Stations of the Cross
- During Lent, the 6pm Service ususally takes the form of Stations of the Cross. We gather in the St Laurence Chapel and move contemplatively, and informally, around the Fourteen Stations, with Scripture, reflection, and prayer - usually about 40 minutes.
Other Service Times
- Wednesday Eucharist at 10am in the Lady Chapel - usually 25 minutes.
Followed by Explorations - exploring the Scripture readings for the coming Sunday - 10.30am-12noon in the Old Vicarage Parish Centre - to which anyone is welcome.
- Friday Eucharist at 12noon in the Resurrection Chapel - usually 20 minutes.
- Saints' Days & Holy Days as advertised - see Events
- Morning Prayer at 9am in the Resurrection Chapel (Monday - Friday) *
- Evening Prayer at 5pm in the Resurrection Chapel (Monday - Friday)
The Daily Offices of Morning & Evening Prayer are short (about 15 minute) services of prayer, psalms, and Scripture readings, led by members of the Ministry Team. All are most welcome to attend.
* Morning Prayer is replaced by School Chapel on Mondays & Fridays during term time.
- Chapel Service Monday and Friday at 8.45am during school term, usually 20 minutes.